Barrister Peter S. Egure (OON, MNI)
Chancellor, Obong University
Born on 10th June 1947 at Igarra, in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area (LGA) of Edo State to the family of late Chief Egure Ozaime Okomayin Akpologun and late Madam Ozioshi Egure, barrister Egure attended St. John’s Anglican Primary School, Uffah Quarters in Igarra and the Anglican Modern School also in Igarra.
He Proceeded to the renowned University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos where he bagged his first degree in History. Thereafter he returned to the same University where he was admitted to read a degree in Law and later graduated with an LLB (Hons), and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1992.
Barrister P. S. Egure is an alumnus of the prestigious National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, Jos in Plateau State since 1994.
Positions held during his working life included but not limited to the following:-
• Desk Officer at Staff and Principal Staff Officer Levels 1977-1984
• State Director of Security, Lagos State 1984-1986
• Director, Intelligence, Research and Estimates, National Headquarters. 1988-1990
• Director, Training National Headquarters. 1990-1992
• Director, Intelligence, Research and Estimates at National Headquarters. 1992-1998
• Director, Ecological Fund, The Presidency. (Special Assignment) 1998-Jan. 2000
• Director, Finance & Supplies, General Services Office,(GSO), Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), The Presidency.(Special Assignment)Jan. 2000-30th April,2001
Awards obtained with dates
• Best All-round Cadet Officer and Awarded Sword Of honour, course no. 4 Cadet ASP course at the advanced Wing of Police College, Ikeja, Lagos -1976
• Member, National Institute (mni) - 1994
• Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) - 20th Dec. 2005
Special Federal Government Assignments Undertaken
• Member, Nigerian Delegation to Commonwealth Security Conference in Wellington, New Zealand 1987
• Member, Nigerian Delegation to Commonwealth Security Conference in Kuala-Lumpur, Malaysia 1989
• Served on the Special Federal Government Teams variously sent to Zambia, Botswana, Swaziland, Mozambique and Kenya prior to the Zimbabwean and South African Independence 1978-1981
• Leader of Security Team on Pilgrimage to Jerusalem 1993
• Member, Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) 1998-2000
• Chairman, Presidential Panel of Enquiry into Onitsha Jail Break June-Sept. 2006
• Appointed as one of the Monitoring Experts of the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR) Strides Programme for Retiring Public Servants 25th July 2007
• Appointed as one of the Security Experts to serve on the Security Thematic Group of the National Technical Working Group of VISION 20:2020 10th April 2009
• Presently Chairman Governing Board, West Nigeria Christian College, (WNCC), Abeokuta, Ogun State
• Presently Chairman Governing Board, School of Biblical Studies (SBS) Jos, Plateau State.
• Chairman Board of Trustees, Church of Christ – Nigeria June 2006 till date
• Member, Board of Trustees, Obong University, Obong Ntak, Akwa Ibom State
• Presently the Chairman of the Forum of Retired Directors
of the Department of State Services (FORD-DSS)
• Retired from Public Service after 35 years of voluntary and unblemished record on 1st May, 2001
Professional Body Membership
Member, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA)
Traveling, Reading, Watching Wrestling and Soccer
Director, Mark IV Nigeria Limited.
He also serves as a Bishop at the Church of Christ, Kado, Abuja.
Barrister P.S. Egure is happily married to Mrs C.O. Egure and they are blessed with Six (6) children and some grandchildren